Gone are the days when offices were serious and plastered places. Today, companies of various sizes have adopted practices based on games in the workplace to promote interaction and maintain team motivation in order to achieve better results.
In addition to increasing productivity, games are a fun way to encourage teamwork and healthy competition. Another reason is that such an attitude is a great way to break the stressful daily routine a little.
A game is basically an interaction between competitors, who must obey certain rules to solve a task. Therefore, incorporating games into the workplace in the corporate culture is excellent for establishing good relationships, encouraging teamwork and promoting the exchange of ideas.
Why are games in the workplace necessary?
We cannot underestimate the investment in this type of action. After all, there are several advantages to using games in your company. See bellow?
- They facilitate a collaborative and motivated work culture. Such activities are seen as a movement to unite individuals;
- Many heads / hands contribute to the processes and, therefore, help in agile problem solving and decision making;
- They promote responsive and meaningful communication as employees get to know their colleagues’ personality, desires, strengths and weaknesses;
- They take employees away from their usual work, helping them to use creativity and thinking outside the box;
- Create an atmosphere to increase productivity. It is possible to identify and remove obstacles or to improve existing forms of work;
- They increase the morale of employees, as they feel that the company and colleagues are interested in getting to know them and developing them; a valid reason for retention;
- The learning and insights from team games can be transferred to the real work environment, resulting in better performances.
How to use corporate games in your company?
We can divide the games into two categories: cooperative and competitive.
These are games in which a group of people cooperate to achieve a final goal, generating collective reward. These games require employees to help each other, encouraging teamwork. Thus, it is possible to establish an integrated and pleasant organizational environment.
As they encourage cooperation within the participating teams, collective strength is the decisive factor in winning this type of game. In addition, they also help participants to see that small tasks can lead to a great achievement.
They are games with individual goals, in which a single person is responsible for reaching the final goal and, of course, the gain is individual.
If applied correctly, they can be an asset to develop the particular qualities of each component on the team.
A good way to apply this is to turn everyday business goals into competitive games! Assign scores and make a ranking for those who reach the goals. This way, your employees will feel more motivated (after all, nobody likes to be in last place).
With this in mind, Gamefic has developed a people management platform that makes use of an interface with avatars based on the gamification of the work process. Your employees must achieve objectives and missions to accumulate points.
From this score, a ranking with the best performances is generated. It is a great way to stimulate teamwork, promoting the integration, motivation and engagement of employees.
With Gamefic, managers have access to key performance indicators in real time. Making it much easier to concentrate data and make decisions based on the company’s results.
Remember: applying games in the workplace is important to open a space for reflection on what has been learned and what has changed for employees after participating in these activities. Make your work environment more dynamic and competitive.